Sport and Dance Osteopathy
Freeing your Health for Sport and Dance
There are two reasons sports people and dancers seek treatment. One is for injury – acute or chronic – and the other is to optimise the ability of their body to be the best it can at their chosen activity. We can help you with both these objectives.
The more competitive you are with others or with yourself the greater the likelihood of picking up injuries along the way. We know that you will want to get back into your sport, your gymnastics or exercise, or your dance as soon as possible. We will work with you to advise on how you can safely continue or to get you back to your activity as soon as possible
Whether a sportsperson, dancer or musician, certain activities put strain on particular parts of the body which can cause sprains (of joints) or strains (of muscles).
Sports massage and soft tissue techniques in combination with applying joint release techniques can bring you back to health so much quicker.
We all know how easily we can pick up injuries. As well as the common back and neck strains others include:
- Ankle sprain
- Groin pull
- Hamstring strain
- Shin splints
- Knee injury
- Tennis elbow (epicondylitis)
- Repetitive Strain Injuries
Jonathan is here to get you back in the game. Many years ago, before he became an osteopath, he was a sports masseur so he understands how your muscles work.
- When working in Manchester he treated many sports people - both amateur and professional
- He used to go on site to treat dancers working in Manchester theatres - he was registered with Dance UK.
- He also treated musicians with conditions relating to their playing style - he had a contract with the Halle orchestra